Valparaiso, IN 46385
Salary: $23,000.00 /year
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN PERSON AT 1356 W. LINCOLNWAY, VALPARAISO, IN. OUR APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT CAN BE FOUND AT:
Primary function of the job is to assist Mental Health Problem-Solving Court participants to access safe, affordable housing.
DIRECT REPORT – Line of Authority
- Housing Specialist reports to the Director
- Housing Specialist works with clients in a team context
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Preferred: two to four years directly related experience in an evidence based work environment
- Preferred: prior experience working with individuals with mental health and/or dual diagnosis
Knowledge (Working, General, Thorough, Comprehensive)
- Working knowledge of standard computer software programs
- Working knowledge of community services and program protocols
- Thorough knowledge of confidentiality principles
- Thorough knowledge of evidence based practice
- Comprehensive knowledge of housing availability within the local community
- Must be able to earn certification in any required assessments or other work-related programs
- Advanced verbal skills, both written and oral
- Ability to manage tasks and control time productivity
- Ability to complete detail specific tasks and assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Evidence Based Practices
Housing Specialist will work in an evidence based practice environment and secure certifications in evidence based practice programming as required.
The Housing Specialist will work with the program team, case managers, program participants and community resources to assist participants access safe, affordable housing. The Housing Specialist shall participate in weekly court sessions and other case staff meetings in accordance with agency policy, and will prepare written reports as requested. The Housing Specialist will engage in outreach to develop partnerships with community social service agencies as well as the education, business and faith-based communities. Additional duties may be assigned by supervisor.