Valparaiso, IN 46385
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN PERSON AT 1356 W. LINCOLNWAY, VALPARAISO, IN. OUR APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://WWW.PACTCHANGESLIVES.COM/JOIN-OUR-MISSION/
Primary function of the job is to conduct substance abuse assessments, develop individual service contracts, refer program participants to appropriate services, and monitor and report participant compliance.
DIRECT REPORT – Line of Authority
- Case manager reports to the Director
- Case manager works with clients in a team context
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Preferred: two to four years directly related experience in an evidence based work environment
- Preferred: prior experience working with individuals with substance abuse and/or dependence
Knowledge (Working, General, Thorough, Comprehensive)
- Working knowledge of standard computer software programs
- Working knowledge of community service and program protocols
- Thorough knowledge of confidentiality principles
- Working knowledge of evidence based practice
- Must be able to earn the CSAMS credential in accordance with the program rules for certified alcohol and drug programs.
- Must be able to earn certification for required assessments
- Advanced verbal skills, both written and oral
- Ability to manage tasks and control time productivity
- Ability to complete detail specific tasks and assignments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Evidence Based Practice
Case managers will work in an evidence based practice environment and secure certifications in evidence based practice programming as required.
Assessment & Case Planning 50%
Case managers will assess, document and utilize assessment results according to agency and state standards. Case managers may also be required to conduct collateral assessments.
Case managers will develop an Individual Service Contract (ISC) in partnership with the client. The resulting ISC will be based upon assessment results.
Case Management 45%
Case managers monitor, report and document all information regarding participant progress and compliance. Case managers will keep detailed records. Keeping detailed records is a priority requirement for effective case management.
Team Development 5%
Case managers will work individually with their clients, and collectively with their team in training, staffing, and program development. The ability to work with a team is critical to case manager success.
Additional duties may be assigned by your supervisor.
Job Types: Part-time