Valparaiso, IN 46385
Salary: $32,000.00 /year
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN PERSON AT 1356 W. LINCOLNWAY, VALPARAISO, IN. OUR APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT CAN BE FOUND AT:
Primary function of the job is to assess risk of Failure to Appear and Risk of committing a new offense while under Pretrial Supervision with arrestees held in the Porter County Jail, and to provide a report to the Court regarding each arrestee’s risk level and related recommendations in alignment with Pretrial program policies.
DIRECT REPORT – Line of Authority
- Pretrial Assessment Staff reports to the Lead Case Manger
- Pretrial Assessment Staff works with arrestees, the Porter County Jail and Criminal Justice System partners in a team context
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Preferred: two to four years directly related experience in an evidence based work environment
Knowledge (Working, General, Thorough, Comprehensive)
- Working knowledge of standard computer software programs
- Working knowledge of community service and program protocols
- Thorough knowledge of confidentiality principles
- Working knowledge of evidence based practice
- Advanced verbal skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to manage tasks and control time productivity
- Ability to complete detail specific tasks and assignments.
DUSTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Evidence Based Practices
Pretrial Assessment Staff will work in an evidence based practice environment and secure certifications in the required assessments and additional evidence based practices as required.
Pretrial Assessment Staff will assess, document and utilize assessment results according to agency and state standards. Pretrial Assessment Staff may also be required to conduct collateral assessments if identified by the Pretrial Team and/or local Courts.
Pretrial Assessment Staff will prepare a Pretrial Services Report for each Pretrial Assessment conducted. Pretrial Assessment Staff shall complete, distribute, document and file each report in alignment with required policies.
INcite 5 %
Pretrial Assessment Staff shall enter each Pretrial Assessment into INcite in alignment with required policies.
Team Development 5%
Pretrial Assessment Staff work individually with each arrestee who volunteers to participate in the pretrial assessment. Pretrial Assessment Staff also work in partnership with representatives of the Porter County Sheriff’s Department, Porter County Jail, as well as representatives from each Porter County criminal justice department in alignment with required policies. The ability to work with a team is critical to Case Manager success.
Additional duties may be assigned by your supervisor.