Valparaiso, IN 46385
Salary: $31,000.00 /year
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN PERSON AT 1356 W. LINCOLNWAY, VALPARAISO, IN. OUR APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT CAN BE FOUND AT HTTP://WWW.PACTCHANGESLIVES.COM/JOIN-OUR-MISSION/
Primary function of the job is to assess criminal risk, create an Case Plan based on assessed risk, and work the Case Plan with the client to complete Court required sentence(s).
DIRECT REPORT – Line of Authority
- Case Manager reports to the Case Manger Supervisor – (Problem-Solving Court Director)
- Case Manager works with clients in a team context
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Preferred: two to four years directly related experience in an evidence based work environment
Knowledge(Working, General, Thorough, Comprehensive)
- Working knowledge of standard computer software programs
- Working knowledge of community service and program protocols
- Thorough knowledge of confidentiality principles
- Working knowledge of evidence based practice
- Advanced verbal skills, both written and oral.
- Ability to manage tasks and control time productivity
- Ability to complete detail specific tasks and assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Evidence Based Practices
Case Managers will work in an evidence based practice environment and secure certifications in evidence based practice programming as required.
Case Managers will assess, document and utilize assessment results according to agency and state standards. Case Managers may also be required to conduct collateral assessments which include, but are not limited to Readiness to Change, Criminal Thinking, and Deception.
Case Managers will develop a Case Plan in partnership with the client. This Case Plan will consider risk, criminogenic needs, responsivity, protective factors, triggers, and drivers, to develop a client specific plan. The Case Plan will include specific goals and measures of success.
Each Case Plan will:
- Translate the results of assessments
- Provide appropriate Supervision/interventions
- Will Target criminogenic needs
- Will utilize evidence-based interventions
- Will include effective incentives, consequences, and therapeutic adjustments
Case Managers will use the EPICS format for all Case Management sessions. This process follows the Check In, Review, Intervention, Handoff format. Case Management is the key program element in Community Supervision, so it is essential that it is completed with fidelity to evidence based practice. Keeping detailed records is a priority requirement for effective Case management.
Case Managers will work individually with their clients, and collectively with their team in training, staffing, and program development. The ability to work with a team is critical to Case Manager success.
Additional duties may be assigned by your supervisor.