Valparaiso, IN 46385
Salary: $14.50 /hour
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION IN PERSON AT 1356 W. LINCOLNWAY, VALPARAISO, IN. OUR APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT CAN BE FOUND AT:
Primary functions of the job are to make daily deposits of program fees, document paid fees, assist with financial reporting, and work with the collections agent to assist in the collection of delinquent fees.
DIRECT REPORT – Line of Authority
- Bookkeeper reports to the Director
QUALIFICATIONS (minimum requirements)
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Preferred bookkeeping experience
- Preferred: prior experience working with individuals with justice involved persons
Knowledge (Working, General, Thorough, Comprehensive)
- Working knowledge of standard computer software programs
- Thorough knowledge of confidentiality principles
- Working knowledge of evidence based practice
- Must be able to accurately perform daily deposits in accordance with agency policy
- Advanced verbal skills, both written and oral
- Ability to manage tasks and control time productivity
- Ability to complete detail specific tasks and assignments.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Evidence Based Practices
Bookkeeper will work in an evidence based practice environment and secure certifications in evidence based practice programming as required.
Bookkeeper will calculate, deposit and document all collected program fees. Bookkeeper will work with collection agency to ensure all documentation is provided to the collection agency and to ensure all collection procedures are followed in accordance with agency policy. Bookkeeper will work with clients regarding fee payments. Bookkeeper will provide financial reports as required.
Additional duties may be assigned by supervisor.